MESSAGE FROM EDITOR

MALAYSIAN JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY

Message from Editor - Volume 15 (2019)

Download File

Dear Readers,

Happy New Year 2019! MJM was started in 2005 with 2 issues per year and then was increased to 4 issues per year in 2011 until 2018. In response to the increasing number of manuscripts, this year 2019 MJM is increasing the number of issues to six per year, in February, April, June, August, October and December. The current issue, which is Vol. 15 Issue No. 1 published in February contains 10 research articles.

Since January 2018, a total of 227 manuscripts were submitted to MJM from which 28 manuscripts (12%) have already been accepted for publication while 152 (67%) were rejected. The remaining 47 (21%) are in the review process. Out of the 227 manuscripts, 56 manuscripts (25%) were submitted by local authors while the rest (75%) were submitted by international authors.

In order to cope with the increasing number of submissions, we have decided to automate some of the processes. Last year, MJM started using an automated Journal Management System (JMS) http://mjm.myopustech.com/. With this system, we are able to manage MJM in a more efficient way. This will ensure that MJM is more visible internationally while maintaining a high manuscript quality. During the implementation of the JMS, there were several glitches. We apologise to authors who were inconvenienced during this transition period.

According to the Clarivate Analytics report 2017, the MJM website’s “navigation is difficult and there does not seem to be a way to look at previous years’ issues.” Therefore, we are in the process of revamping MJM website. With the revamped website, users will be able to navigate more efficiently. In addition, the new interface is adopting the contemporary trend in website design with more modern looks. We are doing everything in our capacity to make MJM the preferred option to publish your work. 

On behalf of the Editorial Board, I would like to thank all contributors for choosing MJM to publish their excellent works. Also, I am very grateful to all our expert reviewers for their time and voluntary efforts to review the articles submitted to MJM.

Enjoy reading MJM and thank you for your support!

Prof. Dr. K. Sudesh Kumar
Chief Editor MJM